UPDATE (10/12/19) Construction on Lee Field has started! Thanks to all the generous donations we have received so far, we reached the Summer fundraising goal so that construiction on Lee Field can begin. Now is the time to raise the rest of the funds needed for construction on Hunnewell 2 to start in Spring 2020!
Spread the word and let's get to the final goal by the end of the year!
For the past two years, players, coaches and parents have come together as the Wellesley Softball Field Committee and have been working on a plan to improve the quality and safety of our softball fields, which includes making Lee field MIAA compliant. The Committee raised $10,000 for the completion of concept drawings for the fields in 2018, and presented these drawings to town committees, which expressed unanimous support.
The design plans for Hunnewell II & Lee fields include:
(1) Dugouts and other player amenities.
(2) Fencing, scoreboard, storage, and improved drainage for the fields.
(3) Improved seating, safety, and access for spectators.
(4) Modification of Lee Field to create a Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association(MIAA) regulation-sized playing field.
In Spring 2019, the Community Preservation Committee unanimously voted to allocate $500,000 to the softball field improvement project. This, along with $300,000 from the Town’s capital budget, will cover 80% of the total cost.
We have less than $70,000 to go to reach our goal of $250,000!
Large or small, all donations count towards the balance needed before the end of summer! Let’s make the girls of Wellesley proud of their fields!
* Donations of $500 and above will also receive an engraved brick.
* Donations of $2,000 and above will be acknowledge on a plaque at the fields.
For the acknowledgements, please provide the name(s) you wish to be used, if different from the donor's, in the COMMENT field of the donation form.
* For donations over $10,000, special acknowledgement may be available. Please contact us by email for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
To donate in memory of Diane Warren, please go to the Diane P. Warren Fund page.
Business and Community Organizations may donate via the Community & Business Leaders of Wellesley page.
The Wellesley Softball Field Improvement Committee and the Capital Campaign operate under the aegis of the Wellesley Little League, Inc. The support of WLL is greatly appreciated.