Joint PTO Critical Needs Fund Supporting the Northampton Public Schools Community
It has never been more important to ensure that our students, their families, and school staff are supported as they face the unprecedented challenges of this time.
Northampton Public Schools Parent-Teacher Organizations (PTOs) and district group Race Equity and Learning (REAL) have joined in a district-wide fundraising campaign ― #WeAreCommunity ― to mobilize the Northampton community, and friends and families beyond, to support the urgent and critical needs of our students, staff and families ― from remote learning supplies to technology needs to the cost of accessing the Internet.
Let’s band together as a community: Give now to ensure every student has access to what they need this school year.
Here’s an example of what your donation can do*:
· $5 could purchase a mask to support a student’s health and wellbeing
· $15 could purchase a pair of headphones to support remote learning
· $20 could purchase a stuffed animal to support the social-emotional needs of a young learner
· $35 could purchase school equipment for safe in-person learning
· $50 could pay an overdue internet bill so the family can access the free Internet program
· $100 could purchase a pair of eyeglasses
· $150 could purchase a week’s worth of emergency groceries for a family
*These are examples of what your funding may provide. Though Leeds Elementary School PTO is sponsoring this fundraiser, the funds will be distributed to each of the six individual school PTOs equitably (Bridge Street, Jackson Street, Leeds, Ryan Road, JFK and NHS). PTOs, principals, district social workers and counselors will allocate funding at the school level, maintaining confidentiality as appropriate, and with a focus on equity.