Voices of Hope has found a location for our future Recovery Community Center in Elkton, Maryland. This building has enough space for our vision of a safe place for those seeking or who are in recovery. We have launched a crowdrise fundraiser to come up with the amount needed to get started. We will also be accepting donations in kind for the floors, walls, technology and aesthetics after we sign a lease!
The vision of our Center:
- A place for training Peers for MD Certified Peer Recovery Support credential.
- A place for the recovery community to have events.
- Enough space for 2 meetings to take place at the same time like Al-Anon/Nar-Anon and AA/NA or for a babysitter to watch children while recovery support meetings are happening.
- A safe space for youth, who self-identify as being in recovery, to be after school to hang out and support each other.
- A place to meet and coordinate with volunteers.
- A space for family grief support to support one another.
This place is accessible from the bus route on 40. We have waited a long time for the right situation to appear. This may be it! Please check out our website for all our current events and programs. All donations are tax deductible and truly appreciated.