Since 1912, GFWC Woman's Club of Indio has made it a priority to improve our community in big ways and small. We believe that our business is volunteering and we are dedicated to serving. In fact, our club is the oldest service club in the Coachella Valley. We come together in so many ways to make a difference and this year has been no different. Despite the pandemic, we have volunteered more hours for our community than in years past.
Because of the pandemic and the public health requirements of no in-person gatherings and social distancing, we were not able to hold our annual gala in March as planned. Our annual fundraising gala is the primary way we fund all of our initiatives each year and we have created this charity GoFundMe campaign to appeal to donors and sponsors to give to our club so we can award scholarships this year and continue supporting our community. When you do so, you are helping us to:
· Award scholarships to deserving students and adults returning to the work force through vocational training;
· Mentoring Programs (Ophelia Project)
· Literacy Programs (Read With Me)
· Health & Wellness (FIND Foodbank, Galilee Center, CV Rescue Mission, Indio Senior Center, Indio Nursing & Rehab Center, CV Mask Makers, etc.)
· Environment Arbor Day, Penny Pines Reforestation Project, Honey Bee/Pollinator Programs
· Community Outreach Indio Police K9, USO, Desert Best Friend’s Closet
The Woman's Club of Indio has volunteered hundreds of hours and raised thousands of dollars because of our wonderful sponsors, our generous community, and our dedicated members. Please consider giving to our WCI Scholarship and Community Involvement campaign so we can inspire the next generation of students, feed and clothe those in need, support our seniors and the nursing home workers during the pandemic, and so much more. Every contribution (big or small) makes a difference and will make bright futures possible.
We genuinely believe that every dollar donated translates to building an amazing community and we are grateful for the chance to make a difference. Thank you very much for your support of the GFWC Woman's Club of Indio.
GFWC Woman's Club of Indio 3rd Vice President