Walnut Creek Downtown (WCD) is a non-profit* business improvement district. WCD's mission is to ensure our unique downtown community remains vibrant, connected, and flourishing. We are asking for your help in reaching our goal of $50,000. Any donation amount is helpful.
As with so many Walnut Creek businesses, Covid-19 has severely impacted the growth of WCD. WCD has lost significant event revenue-close to 65% of our annual revenue. In our 30 YEARS OF being in business, we have never had to ask for financial assistance. Be assured this fund would allow WCD to continue providing valuable programs and support to the downtown business community, at a time when the community needs us most.
Here's some of what WCD has to offer:
• Business-to-business coordination & collaboration
• Professional seminars/webinars
• Social media & e-newsletter communication
• Covid-19 employer/employee support and resources
• Downtown beautification and art projects (lamppost banners, art installations, Painted Pianos)
• Micro-gathering space activations
• Business Advocacy Efforts (City liaison, Arts Alliance, Restaurant, Homeless and Retail Task Forces)
• Online membership directory
We accomplish this with a staff of four. We help bring the community together-business, visitors, and residents-through our local programs, marketing, and branding of downtown WC, and our many exciting events. WCD is unable to host our signature events: Walnut Creek First Wednesdays, Walnut Creek Uncorked, Oktoberfest, and Holiday Stroll, which is a significant revenue source for our Association.
Please help support WCD by keeping these programs active. Many of our programs and events are free to attend, but not free to produce. We need your help, and we THANK YOU for your positive influence - you make a difference!
*Walnut Creek Downtown is a 501c(6). While this isn’t a charitable deduction, it likely could be a business expense deduction for qualifying donors. Please ask your financial advisor.
The Walnut Creek Downtown Team