Participate in the Indiana University East/Earlham College 4th Annual (Virtual) Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® Event! Benefiting Genesis of Richmond, Inc.
What is a VIRTUAL Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® Event?
A virtual walk event is one that can be completed anywhere during the timeframe identified. You can participate in your neighborhood, favorite park, or community streets. As long as you walk for at least one (1) mile for this event, you have completed the VIRTUAL Walk a Mile in Her Shoes.
When is the VIRTUAL Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® Event?
A Facebook Live Kickoff for the event will take place on Monday, October 19, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.
Timeframe for walking for the event is October 19 - October 23, 2020. You can complete your walk in the community of your choice any time during this week.
How do I participate?
1. Determine if you are walking with a team or as an individual. WOMEN ARE ALSO ENCOURAGED TO WALK!
2. Register today by clicking the "Join the Walk" button!
- TEAMS: Teams should select a Team Captain who will register for the team on this Go Fund Me site. By selecting the Team Captain option during registration, Team Captains can create a team, register themselves, and even register their team members in one easy step. After a Team Captain Registers, they should be sure to check their email to confirm their team's fundraiser for this event!
- TEAM MEMBERS/INDIVIDUALS: If you have not been registered for your team by your Team Captain, or you want to participate individually, please select the Team Member/Individual option during registration. This option is for supporters who want to join a team or register as an individual! After you register, be sure to check your email to confirm your fundraiser for this event!
3. Begin Fundraising for Genesis of Richmond, Inc. Be sure to share your individual or team GoFundMe sites on your personal social media accounts so that people can donate to see you walk... and support Genesis.
4. Join us for the Facebook Life Kickoff on October 19, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.
5. Choose your favorite 1-mile walk route. Remember, this can be in your neighborhood, favorite park, or community streets near your home.
6. Complete your walk to raise awareness in your community during the week of October 19-23, 2020. All Walks must be completed no later than 12:00 p.m. on October 23, 2020. Participants are encouraged to wear a purple or teal shirt and use signs created to bring attention to the cause. You can also print a sign at www.iue.edu/walkamile MAKE SURE TO TAKE A PICTURE AND/OR VIDEO!
7. Submit your picture and/or video on Facebook or Twitter and tag @IUEastTitleIX and use the hashtag #walkamilewc
8. Join us for the Facebook Live Event Closing Ceremonies on October 23, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
9. Everyone who registers and submits a picture and/or video will be entered to win a pair of APPLE AIRPODS!!
Awards will be presented during the Facebook Live Closing Ceremony for the following categories:
• Top Individual Fundraiser
• Top Team Fundraiser
• Top Department Fundraiser - IU East vs. Earlham College
- IU East/Earlham College faculty, staff and students are encouraged to create a team and compete for this coveted award. Bragging rights from last year's event go to Academic Affairs - IU East. The word is out that the Earlham College Baseball Team is eager to win this award this year. The challenge is on!
• Best Shoe
- Shoe submissions should be sent to Tracy Amyx at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Indiana University East/Earlham College Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event will benefit Genesis of Richmond, Inc. The mission-driven work of Genesis is dedicated to serving victims of domestic violence and sexual assault by providing services for healing the effects of interpersonal trauma and offering resources to build healthy relationships and lifestyles with the hope of a new beginning. Genesis services victims and secondary victims in Wayne, Union, and Fayette Counties in Indiana. A range of services are offered to empower clients to get through a time of crisis in a safe, healthy, and clean environment. Services offered include shelter, victim advocacy, counseling, and community outreach.