February is Heart Awareness month and we are creating a campaign, “Walk for the Beat” that we want YOU to be a part of to help raise funds to support Adult Congenital Heart Defects. It’s easy to get involved:
1. Donate $10.00 to the “Walk for the Beat” fundraiser
2. Choose your “Walk for the Beat” Challenge
3. Stay committed to your “Walk for the Beat” Challenge
- Donate $10.00 at the end of the month if you did not meet your goal (honor system)
Congenital Heart Defects are the number one defect in babies, affecting 1 in 100. There are a multitude of CHDs, ranging from minor to others that need several open heart surgeries or even transplant to survive. With modern technology, more and more children are living into adulthood. Adults with CHD are now experiencing additional medical complications due to the procedures and surgeries that saved their lives as children. With these new complications in Adult CHD patients the need for continued research has never been more prevalent. That is why we are donating specifically to the Adult Congenital Heart Association.
By joining “Walk for the Beat” you will be part of a community that is committed to raising CHD awareness. This community isn’t just walking, but also spreading the word.
A few ways to help are:
- Follow us on Instagram @walkforthebeat
- Take pictures, post them on social media and tag us
-Also, use #walkforthebeat and #CHDawareness
- Recruit friends, family, and co-workers to be a part of the challenge
All funds that are raised will be donated to the Adult Congenital Heart Association.
The mission of the Adult Congenital Heart Association is to improve and extend the lives of the millions born with heart defects through education, advocacy and the promotion of research.
We look forward to walking with you throughout the month of February!
Lindsay and Kirsten