Walcamp's mission is to provide outdoor ministry where Creation is Explored, Christ is Exalted, and Christians are Equipped for service back home and beyond.
At Walcamp we believe that all kids should have the opportunity of experiencing summer and that social or economic situations should never be a hindrance to this experience.
(camp's form of scholarships) are the focus of our current fundraising efforts.
Camp is a place that we can get away from the rush of everyday life and get back to the basics:
• We believe that 2021 camp is even more important than any year of camp before and that socialization is more desperately needed than ever before!
• We believe in shorts, t-shirts and sandals.
• We believe in singing and praying at the table.
• We believe that everyone should know how to explore outdoors.
• We believe in early mornings.
• We believe that camp makes a difference in every camper's life.
• We believe that every camper should have the opportunity to attend camp.
THIS SUMMER we are thrilled to be able to return to some sort of normalcy now that the State of Illinois is in phase IV of the Illinois Reopen Plan which allows for Overnight Summer Camps as well as Overnight Outdoor Education Experiences and Retreats!
Our plan for 2021 Overnight Camps is to focus on small group activities that will build relationships. Our camp philosophy is already geared toward small groups so this will be an effortless transition. Incorporating CDC and state guidelines for ensured safety is also at the forefront of our minds for all we do – All group activities will be held outdoors and will have ample space for social distancing. We were awarded grant funds from Prince of Peace in Palatine and from the Northern Illinois District to purchase large outdoor tents to be used in case of inclement weather. Anytime spent in the lodge will require masks unless eating, though we aim to serve many meals outside.
Our year-round Christian outdoor ministry in Kingston, Illinois offers camp programs for youth, families, and groups. Walcamp is a great place to experience fund camp activities, build new friendships, grow stronger in your faith and go into the outdoors! We have something for everybody – youth camps, day camps, weekend family camping and programs for persons with special needs.