Visions Performing Arts College Prep (VPAC) is a 6th-12th grade performing arts school dedicated to preserving African and Latinx American performance through high quality education. We have been in existence for 16 years and by community demand we are expanding into a full fledge school! 100 Bricks is our operations and building campaign. We are pleased that we have a facility and a dynamic team! VPAC was completely ready to open in Fall 2020. Due to the pandemic, we made the hard, yet wise decision to delay opening until Fall 2021.
Education is going to be greatly impacted by the pandemic and our commitment to community is that we will be a sustainable school that will be open for many years to come. Opportunity gaps are going to be wider, funding is going to be impacted, and families will be in greater need. Opening a school is extremely hard work without a pandemic, we want to open in the best way! With this additional planning year, this fundraiser will grant us the opportunity to open in the most impactful way for Fall 2020.
This means we are in need of bridge support to ensure we are in the best position to continue to prepare for full opening. We are a Afro-Latina ran non-profit organization and value the grass root efforts of fundraising, as that is what sustained us for the first decade of our organization. With the numerous reports and studies (click here to read) about the disparities of Black women who are non-profit leaders not being funded in philanthropy, inspired VPAC to be proactive and return to the roots of community building the bridge we need. FUBU (For Us By Us)!
7 Ways To Lay A Brick
Here are ways your gift helps VPAC:
1. $300 or $25/month - A White Level Gift will provide one student arts education supplies for the school year
2. $600 or $50/month - A Purple Level Gift will provide one student to attend Colorado field trips
3. $1,200 or $100/month - A Green Level Gift will provide one student with their own laptop
4. $2,500 - A Yellow Level Gift will provide five students airfare to attend out of state field trips
5. $5,000 - An Orange Level Gift will provide ten students airfare to attend out of state field trips
6. $10,000 - A Blue Level Gift will provide VPAC with state of the art equipment
7. $20,000 - A Black Level Gift will provide VPAC twenty students with their own laptop
We serve underserved students and give them exposure and access to performing arts education to uphold equity in the arts. We would love your support and you sharing this campaign with your networks. Please visit our website at: www.vpac2020.org