ATTENTION VIRGINIA PATRIOTS
We need your help! (Please read until the end!)
Do you want to restore individual freedom with a requisite amount of personal security in Virginia as well as help to end divisive politics, WITHOUT going to an expensive law school?
Here is what you should do! Take a course on Virginia’s state constitution through the Institute on the Constitution (IOTC). (This works even if you HATE politics and have little time to dedicate to learning!)
First, let’s go over a few statements and pertinent questions that indicate the crisis we are in:
Governor Ralph Northam’s Executive Order #63 requires the wearing of a mask in “all brick and mortar retail businesses” as well as in entertainment establishments and other public venues, like race tracks and Virginia’s beaches. As for time spent at the beach, does the executive order include the governor? Regarding the enforcement of masks in public places, whether supermarkets, train stations, and fitness centers, are the employees of these establishments responsible for enforcement?
The governor’s executive orders have had a greater impact on non-essential establishments than ones deemed to be essential. But, who is to distinguish between essential and non-essential: governmental officials or the citizens of Virginia? Some Virginians believe it is the citizens who should be involved in making (or unmaking) certain decisions. Residents in Loudoun County brought suit against the governor’s shutdown orders that closed or constrained businesses and places or worship. Bearing Arms, a gun-rights group, sued in court against the governor’s executive order that closed indoor gun ranges, and a circuit judge overturned part of this executive order.
It would be better for Virginia if there were more responsible citizens like the members of Bearing Arms and the residents of Loudon County who stood up for citizens’ rights. Unfortunately, millions of Americans are ignorant of the basics in a constitution. For instance, the University of Pennsylvania’s Annenberg Public Policy Center reports that 37% of Americans could not name a single right protected by the First Amendment. The statistics are even worse for Americans’ knowledge of state constitutions. According to a book review of G. Alan Tarr’s Understanding State Constitutions, almost 50% of Americans do not know that states as well as the federal government have a constitution.
The Institute on the Constitution seeks to confront this ignorance by teaching the constitutions of the various states along with the federal constitution to the American people. The IOTC has initiated an educational course on the Virginia constitution in a grassroots endeavor so that constitutionalism will once again become part of the American way of life.
Members are raising funds for IOTC to create:
· 12 video lessons on the VA Constitution. After viewing, you will know the VA Constitution better than many in the Virginia House of Delegates, which means you will be able to recognize unconstitutional bills BEFORE they are signed into law and become a problem for the people of Virginia.
· Each lesson will be approx. 20 minutes - less time than a typical TV episode. This means you will still have plenty of time to have social-distancing protest parties, go camping in your backyard… you know, live life “normally.”
· Lessons are appropriate for children, which means you will spend time as a family learning and planning how you will make a difference in your community together.
· A student manual that includes lesson notes, reviews, and quizzes that break down content in a way that is easy to understand.
· An instructor/host manualthat includes step-by-step instruction on how you can teach the course. This means you will be equipped to help your friends, neighbors, church, and community understand Virginia laws, and aid in securing the future for your children and subsequent generations of Virginians passing down historical knowledge that reaches back even to the Colonial Period.
· Access to an online community, including support from certified instructors will be available, which means no question will go unanswered and you will never be studying or teaching alone!
Why the Institute on the Constitution (IOTC)?
The IOTC is on a mission to restore the Constitutional Republic through grassroots education. It was founded in 2004 by Attorney Michael Peroutka and, since its inception, the members have provided courses on the U.S. Constitution, the Truth of America’s Founding, the Sheriff and the Citizen, the Duty of the Jury, and the Maryland State Constitution. Now they are on a mission to complete courses for the other 49 state constitutions.
All IOTC courses are created using primary source documents and some secondary sources, and are all taught from our founders “American View” of law and government as stated in the Declaration of Independence (summarized):
· There is a God
· Our rights come from Him
· The purpose of Government is to secure our God-given rights
Unlike other institutions that offer government courses, IOTC courses offer community support, perks, and rewards as you study. Not only that, they don’t leave you with knowledge without knowing what to do with it. IOTC course materials help equip students to put knowledge into action with the gifts God has given them. They have helped students make an impact in their communities in countless ways: from using courses to teach their children, to hosting classes in a local community center, to running for public office.
The IOTC is endorsed by historian David Barton, Representative Ron Paul, Scientist Ken Ham, Larry Pratt from Gunowners of America, Sheriff Richard Mack (CSPOA), Masterbooks, among others.
What is the cost?
The total cost of this project is $10,000. This a modest amount considering the time and the team needed (speakers, video editors, professors, state history scholars, word processors, attorneys, etc.) to create all the pieces listed above.
Course creation will be guaranteed once you help us to reach our goal of $10,000. Money raised will be held in a special account specifically for the Virginia Constitution Course project. Any money raised over $10,000 will be used to promote the Virginia Constitution Course.
Click to donate now and share this project with fellow Virginians and patriots!
In summary, this course will include:
· 12 video lessons available digitally and via DVD
· Student Manual available digitally and spiral-bound hardcopy
· Host/Teachers manual available digitally and hardcopy
· One-on-one support from certified instructors online
Bonus: If desired, your name will appear in the back of the student manual as a contributor for future generations to see! *Businesses who donate $500-$999 will have the option of being featured in a 1/4 page recognition in the student manual, businesses who donate $1,000 or more have the option of being featured in a 1/2 page recognition in the student manual.
Please help us fight tyranny and restore freedom in Virginia through a donation today!
P.S. Institute on the Constitution is a 501© (3) organization; therefore, all donations are tax-deductible!