As veterans who have served in recent wars, we know firsthand how corrupt, deadly, and immoral they are. Together— as Iraq Veterans Against the War— we organize our nationwide membership to spread the truth about endless war abroad and to connect it to the militarism that comes home to our communities.
White supremacy vigilantism is on the rise, police forces in our neighborhoods increasingly resemble military units, and Trump seems poised to drag us into war at any moment. When de-militarized, veterans have skills, tactical training, and experience that can be used in service of social movements and that can be critical to pushing back on Trump's agenda. That’s why our members are being approached by communities across the country to join them in their fight against hate, and that's why our members want to answer the call.
Our veterans are ready to take action. But we can’t do it without you.
We need $10,000 to ensure that our members have the tools they need to make change.
Will you help us do our part to serve communities on the frontlines of hateful attacks here at home and abroad?
Your donation will go directly to Anti-War Veterans taking action through media, nonviolent protest, and public pressure campaigns.
In 2018, our members will:
* Escalate this year’s Drop the MIC (Military Industrial Complex) campaign into a nonviolent protest phase and stand up against war profiteers
* Build out our community safety program with a full-on curriculum
* Strengthen our Speakers Bureau so that we can amplify our experiences as anti-war veterans
Supporters like you allow us to rise to the moment.
In this last year, our community of anti-war veterans has:
* Kept up the pressure on elected officials--like our civil disobedience in John McCain's office where 8 members were arrested for resisting Rex Tillerson's appointment
* Trained 40 members in nonviolent skills for action at the About Face Veterans Action Camp with the Ruckus Society
* Mobiilized rapid response teams of members for urgent community safety support to key alt-right battlegrounds across the country
We can’t afford to sugarcoat it: both you and our members know that we are sliding into more than one possible ground war in the next year. From threats of war in the White House to threats of white supremacy in the streets, we’ve got our work cut out for us as vets organizing against militarism -- and our members are ready to do their part to build the world we need.
Veterans of current wars haven't been this galvanized for a decade. This is a historic moment.
Join us. Support Anti-War Veterans. Chip in today.