As millions of people suffocate from the smoke of record-breaking wildfires and the entire world reels from a zoogenic pandemic, it has never been more important to advocate for an immediate transition to a plant-based food system.
Seed the Commons is calling for support to build up and improve our groundbreaking website, Veganic World, to make it into a powerful resource and advocacy tool for the food system changes that we urgently need to implement.
- Our food systems are central to the most pressing issues of the day, including pandemics, the climate catastrophe and the burning up of the West Coast. Yet many (including decision-makers) still fail to make the connection.
- Those who do make the connection, such as farmers, environmentalists, and local food advocates, mostly promote the lie that sustainable food systems have to include animal exploitation. The past few years have seen the exponential growth of the regenerative grazing trend: The idea that more grazing will regenerate our ecosystems has found a massive following, but it amounts to adding fuel to the (now literal) fire.
We created Veganic World to debunk the false dichotomy between ecological farming and veganism by showing that veganic farming is not only possible, it is already being done. We aim to inspire people and give them the tools to effectuate food system change that addresses the problems of our time and that includes animals in our circle of compassion.
Veganic World already features a regularly updated map of veganic farms in North America and a list of veganic farms in the world, interviews with veganic farmers and more. To build on this, our immediate priorities include:
* Produce more and better content by hiring writers
* Improve the website by partnering with professional developers
* Make the information more accessible by translating key content
How to help:
Help us grow a veganic world by donating today and sharing this campaign in your networks. Any donation is impactful and greatly appreciated.