Training SOME to help MANY
Because empowered utilities create healthy cities and improve lives
What if your kitchen tap dripped brown, contaminated water or you had to use a toilet in your backyard?
For millions, this is reality not a ‘what if’. Currently 2 billion people use drinking water sources contaminated with faeces, and every day more than 800 children die from diseases caused by lack of access to clean water and proper sanitation. Two thousand died in Zimbabwe’s last cholera outbreak, and the upcoming rainy season could have a similar impact.
Your support of ROCKBlue’s “Utility Performance Enhancement Series” of workshops will bring the expertise of top international water specialists to support senior management capacity building within our utility partners in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi and Lesotho, and impact the lives of the over 5 million people they serve.
The goal of the “Utility Performance Enhancement Series”, for our utility partners, is to:
· Ensure that delivered water is potable
· Provide uninterrupted service to all customers
· Connect high density, low-income, informal settlements before the rains
· Lower non-revenue water (water that is simply lost) from upwards of 60% to less than 30%
· Enable our partners to become sustainable, bankable, corporatized entities
Your support is critical to helping ROCKBlue raise the $150 000.00 needed to support our partner utilities to serve their communities better. And, to contribute to the prevention of thousands of unnecessary deaths, illness and suffering of predominantly the elderly, women and children.
ROCKBlue is a US-registered 501(c) and a registered non-profit in South Africa, headquartered in Somerset West, South Africa.
We and the 5 million people we serve, appreciate your support!
What your support buys:
- 1 day accommodation/meals for 1 Malawian attendee from LWB (serving 540,000) to the 1st Workshop, or
- 1 day accommodation/meals for 1 attendee from Zambia from LWB (serving 2.3M) to the 1st Workshop, or
-1 day accommodation/meals for 1 attendee from WASCo in Lesotho (serving 500,000) to the 1st Workshop, or
-1 day accommodation/meals for 1 attendee from any one of the four municipalities (e.g., Mutare serving 200,000) in Zimbabwe to the 1st Workshop.
- Full transport of 2 Zimbabweans from Mutare to the 1st Workshop, or
- Full transport of 1 from LWSC in Zambia to the 1st Workshop, or
- 1 day of venue cost for the 1st Workshop.
- Full day labor of utility specialist at the 1st Workshop. There are three specialists presenting on:
a) performance improvement planning,
b) utility financing and
c) utility benchmarking, or
- Full transport of 1 person from WASCo in Lesotho to the 1st Workshop, or
- The venue costs for the 1st Workshop, attended by 30 people, who are tasked with serving over 5 million with water and sanitation
- All costs for all utility specialists at the 1st Workshop, or
- All costs for facilitator for all 3 Workshops.
- Full transport of all participants from WASCo in Lesotho for entire Workshop series, or
- All lodging and meal costs for all specialists and facilitator for entire Workshop series.
- All transportation for participants from Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi for entire Workshop series, or
- All labor costs for all specialists and facilitators for entire Workshop series