~ ~ ~ ~ ~
In light of the current weather and the forecast for the balance of the day today, we have made the decision to CANCEL today’s ride. We are so very thankful for your willingness to be a part of the event, the hours that you’ve invested in training, as well, the funds you’ve helped us to raise.
While we won’t be physically together, there still is an opportunity to ride virtually. If you do decide to ride, please share your route and photos on Strava: https://www.strava.com/clubs/uhccfhoperides
To all of our sponsors, a special thank you to each of you for your unwavering support!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The UHCCF Century Ride is a well-supported ride through a picturesque countryside. We hope that you will join us for this special event in support of helping provide medical grants to children in the Central region.
If you are unable to attend, but would like to support the ride, we now have the opportunity for you to participate as a virtual rider. Simply register for the virtual option and complete the ride at your convenience.
Additionally, any Virtual Rider raising $250 by July 25th will receive a Century Ride Jersey or $1,000 or more will receive a Century Ride Jersey and Launch Box. Virtual Riders meeting the fundraising requirements for a jersey will receive more information regarding the jersey store the week of July 27th.
Proceeds from Century Ride will be used in the Central region to fund UHCCF medical grants for kids. Your dollars, time and energy make a difference in the life of these children.
Sunday, July 26th, 2020
Optum Campus | 11000 Optum Circle, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Staggered start times between 7 – 10 a.m. Registered riders will receive a personalized itinerary the week of July 20th including your arrival and launch time. Riders will go out in a group of four riders in 5 minute intervals.
50-mile route only with 2 rest stops at the 20-mile and 40-mile markers.
Updated Event Information:
- This ride will be limited to a capacity of 100 in-person riders.
- Social distancing will be encouraged for all event participants via signage and spacing of various stations.
- Volunteers will be wearing masks and will be assigned to each ride group to assist with registration, questions, and ride prep.
- Personal safety supplies will be available to all riders.
- Pre-packaged food will be available at the ride launch and the rest stops.
- Unfortunately, this year we will not be hosting an after-party celebration.
- This year we are not able to accommodate guests.
- Riders will need to complete their registration by June 15, 2020 to receive the Century Ride Jersey by July 26th. 2020 jerseys will be shipped directly to riders from the manufacturer.
- Downloadable route information will be available via Strava and emailed to registered riders closer to the ride date.
- Consider joining the UHCCF Hope Rides Strava club to train with other cyclists that are passionate about UHCCF: https://www.strava.com/clubs/621546
Please use the link below to make you reservation. Room rate offered is $99.00 (not inclusive of tax) per night.
The block consists of all King Bedded Rooms, however, should you need any rooms with two (2) queen beds, please contact Katie Monroe at email@example.com.
2020 launch boxes will be mailed following the ride this year to ensure riders have the maximum amount of time to reach the fundraising minimum.
As a thank you to all participants who raise $1,000 or more to support medical grants for kids, an AWESOME swag box generously provided by our sponsors will be sent including:
- Spyder vest from SKYGEN and Availity
- OGIO cycle jacket from American Medical Strategies
- 1/4 Zip from Teladoc
- Pactimo Neck gaiters for safety and future cool weather rides from Change Healthcare
- Long-sleeve performance tee from Aperture
- The Century Ride event tee from EY
- The Hope Rides Series tee from Rally
- A Camelbak Chill Bottle from Revel Health has for your future rides
- and a memorable “cowbell” from Kiriworks to cheer your success