PURCHASE SAVE A HEART T-SHIRTS HERE:
Allowing kids — who 25 years ago wouldn’t have survived — the opportunity to not only live, but to thrive. That’s the change we’re making together.
Nearly 1 in 110 babies are born with congenital heart disease, making it the No. 1 birth defect in the country. And, it’s a diagnosis that requires lifelong care.
The Congenital Heart Center (CHC) at the University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital is one of the largest and best pediatric heart programs in the U.S. It is also an international referral center for kids with complex congenital heart disease.
Our center provides the most advanced care for infants, children, and adolescents with all forms of heart disease, as well as for adults born with congenital heart defects. We aim to lead the way in improving quality of life for patients with heart defects by:
• Creating systems that allow congenital heart survivors to thrive
• Connecting heart centers across the country to enhance standards of care
• Enabling more research and faster discoveries
• Providing personalized medicine
• Jumpstarting development of innovative devices and therapies
Our Congenital Heart Center is committed to advancing research, inspiring clinical innovation, and providing assistance to families facing devastating heart conditions.
From February 1-28, 2019, we are raising awareness and funds through our Save A Heart campaign. Donations made during this time will support areas with the most critical needs in our CHC. Our goal is to raise $150,000 to fund important research, drive development of new technologies and therapies, and provide social work and assistance programs to families.
Every year, Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week is held in February to promote education and understanding of heart defects. Save A Heart will overlap with these national efforts and help to rally additional public support to advance congenital heart care.
YOU CAN HELP
Join us to give kids with heart defects the best life possible. We’re happy to partner with you and share guidance and resources to help you attract support. Get involved by:
Forming a team on our fundraising website
• Email email@example.com for instructions to register, recruit teammates, and raise money.
• Encourage friends, family, and colleagues to make a gift and share the donation link.
Spreading the word
• Share information on social media. We can work with you to develop messaging.
• Order your Congenital Heart Center T-shirt, and wear it proudly.
Attending or hosting an event
• Join us for the Save A Heart masquerade event on Saturday, February 9, 2019. Visit umsaveaheart.org to purchase tickets and learn more.
• Hold your own bake sale, 5K race or walk, game night, local concert, birthday or anniversary party, or another event or activity with proceeds going to the Mott CHC.