Dolphin Project is excited to host its third annual virtual race to raise awareness about dolphin captivity and the Taiji slaughters. Join us as we run, walk, bike, or swim to show our appreciation for dolphins and spread the word that they deserve to live wild and free in the sea.
The official race will take place on August 18; you can also do the race anytime in the week before, or spread out your mileage across several days! The best part is anyone can participate no matter where you live! Not a runner? No problem! Walk, bike, swim, or skip!
Suggested run/walk distance: 5k
Suggested swim distance: 1500m
Suggested biking distance: 15 miles
Costumes and creativity welcome and encouraged!
Join us on Strava!
Join our FB EVENT for updates!
In order to participate, please set up your own fundraiser page by clicking the "Join Campaign" button at the top of the page, and get the word out. Participants who raise over $50 before JUNE 30 will receive an event t-shirt and medal.
- In order to receive your shirt and medal, you MUST create your own fundraiser!
- You can donate the first $50 as your registration fee to secure your prizes, and then continue fundraising!
- Teams and families are also welcome to join! ($50 fundraising minimum per team member)
- Just want to donate? That's awesome-- click the Donate button.
- We'll contact everyone who meets the fundraising requirement by June 30 to request mailing addresses.
- If the minimum is raised after the JUNE 30 deadline, you may still be eligible to receive your prize packet at a later date, pending availability.
- International participants are welcome! We appreciate any consideration to help us cover additional shipping fees. Please allow 14 days for shipping.
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED! Categories include:
- Best times for run, bike, and swim categories
- Most donations raised
- Most creative fundraiser
Make sure you post your times and photos on our FB EVENT PAGE. You can also share by using the hashtag #dolphinprojectrace on your social media accounts. What else you can do:
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org