My team & I are running a 5K in Horizons’ Route for Kids 5K, 10K, or Half Marathon run/walk to fundraise for Horizons for Homeless Children.
I've been volunteering as a Playspace Activity Leader (PAL) for 4 years playing with kids in homeless shelters all over MA. Read more about my involvement with Horizon's on their Website & this Telegram Article.
Chris Fisher has officially joined the "Tina Runs for Homeless Kids" team!!
You do not have to be a runner to help--you can walk, run or donate to my team. If you know me, you know I am NOT a distance runner so naturally I chose the shortest route but cannot think of a better cause to sweat for. Please donate or join my team to help motivate us!
I hope you can join me as a runner/walker and participate in Horizons’ Route for Kids 5K, 10K, or Half Marathon run/walk! Choose your own route and distance any time between Friday, August 28 – Sunday, August 30. Share in the knowledge that you’re advancing your fitness and the future of children experiencing homelessness! Registration pricing are as follows:
· 5K (3.1 miles) - $25
· 10K (6.2 miles) - $35
· Half Marathon (13.1 miles) - $45
You can even choose a Horizons’ child or family to run in honor of. Every dollar directly impacts the children and families we serve at Horizons for Homeless Children.
How to register:
1. Pick a distance and add the number of tickets to your cart.
2. At checkout pick either fundraise as a team ("Tina Runs for Homeless Kids"), or as an individual.
3. Checkout. That was easy!
1. Get a route mapped out and charge up a tracker.
2. Ready, Set, Race!
3. Track the run/walk/stroll via GPS device. Only rule is no stopping your watch!
4. Submit results and a photo of you finishing (optional) to email@example.com no later than Monday, September 1st. Make sure to include the team name.