I invite you to support me in raising funds for this non-profit that I have been a volunteer with for 25 years.
TACO (Third Avenue Charitable Organization), provides meals, clothing, and medical, legal and social services for homeless and low-income individuals in San Diego. (Check it out - www.tacosd.org).
Why now? Five really good reasons!!
- TACO has had to cancel two of our major annual fundraising events, and perhaps a third, because of the coronavirus. A gift now strengthens TACO’s vitality to continue helping some of the most vulnerable folks in the midst of this crisis. Help “Tickle TACO’s Vitality and VOID the Virus".
- It is TACO’s 25th Anniversary Year of providing essential services to folks in need. We hope to raise $25,000 to honor that occasion through this first-time event.
- Your gift helps qualify me for a $1,000 MATCHING GIFT, if given BY May 5. This is part of #GIVINGTUESDAYNOW, promoted by GoFundMe Charity for the Global Day of Giving, May 5.
- I'll work for your support! Your gift now makes you one of my sponsors as a rider in a 25 mile bike ride (for TACO’s 25th Anniversary) on August 23 - “Bike the Bay...the TACO Way”. But giving now multiplies your gift with the matching funds.
- It is my 75th Birthday this year (May). No doubt you have already been agonizing about what to get for a gift, especially on this "diamond" anniversary. I would be truly honored by your support of this trusted organization that has meant so much to me.
How much? So many options for a meaningful gift:
$250 (or maybe $25) for TACO’s 25th Anniversary.
$75 for Bill’s Birthday. (or, since I don't really need those diamond earrings, maybe that amount)
$1,000 - just to make sure I hit the matching grant level.
$300 - the “extra” charitable donation the federal government is allowing this year as a tax deduction.
(TACO is a 501(c)3 organization)