Thunder Ride: Chad Erickson Memorial for Juevnile Diabetes is a 501(c)3 charitable organization serving local children and families in their daily battle against juvenile diabetes.
Every day, over 200,000 children in our country are struggling with the challenges of juvenile diabetes. Over 200 of these kids are treated locally by Gundersen and Mayo Health Systems. Chances are you have someone in your family or have a friend with a family member that braves the fight against Type 1 diabetes (T1D) every day.
While scientists are making daily progress, there is still no cure for T1D. It can’t be prevented and can be difficult, upsetting, life threatening, and never goes away. T1D is affected by every bite a child takes and every minute of play spent trying to live a normal childhood. Despite the challenges, children with T1D serve as an inspiration with their courage and perseverance, and they don’t let it stand in the way of achieving their goals.
The biggest factor in successfully managing T1D is having the right care. Insurance coverage varies widely among those affected, and insurance doesn’t cover everything.
Every family faces extraordinary expenses including, but not limited to:
• $300 per month in test strips for monitoring blood sugar levels;
• $300-$500 per month for insulin, depending on age and vials used;
• $175-$200 per month of pump supplies
• The cost of syringes and lancets
• Transportation and lost work costs for parents to bring their children for quarterly doctor’s visits. For the past 18 years, motorcycle riders, community members and local businesses have helped make life a lot better for families battling T1D.
Together, in 2020, we raised almost $35,000, helping to provide gap funding to families for supplies and treatment who simply cannot afford the basic necessities to care for their child battling T1D. Your generous donation is what makes it all possible. Consider that:
• $500 provides insulin and testing supplies for one child for one month;
• $1500 provides emergency insulin to five children;
• $3000 provides a weekend camp experience for ten children
• $5000 provides an insulin pump for a child struggling to manage blood sugar levels.
You can help us help the kids when you make the commitment to donate and or sponsor today. Thank you again for your generous support, we could not do it without your help!!!