Things I’ve learned since I made my first wish come true for a nursing home resident
1. We can brighten someone’s entire week with a 0.37 cent can of Vienna sausage.
2. America’s nursing home elders need us. Big time.
3. Twenty ($20) is plenty. I mean it. Our wishes are simple.
4. We CAN do it. “Three Wishes” is powered by kid activists, just like me, and they are sparking change for our seniors and getting it done.
5. Our organization has fulfilled over 2500 wishes for nursing home residents since we started last year. That’s HUGE!
6. We created a space that is simply epic. Three Wishes needed a place to call home- an office space and warehouse for wishes and we found it. In fact, we are almost finished. But we decided the building would have TWO purposes. We are in the final stages of our Three Wishes Community Center on the Harrison, AR downtown square. Our Board Member describes the center perfectly below:
"It's a facility space dedicated to connecting the generations. It will offer free classes to our schools and youth on the knowledge society is losing such as vintage skills like quilting, sewing, knitting and canning. We will also have educational classes led by our elder Veterans and Depression Era storytellers. (People who didn't have running water or modern amenities) The classes will be led by elder volunteers who want to "give back". They have so much knowledge to share and the children often find them more interesting than a textbook. Just imagine a short story of life from the perspective of an articulate 102-year-old. The center will have classroom-sized tables big enough to accommodate school field trips. It will also offer free birthday parties led by community elders who still want to "give back" and feel valuable to society. The idea is a "win-win". If you have an elder mom in a facility or in your home who just feels down or unworthy because they no longer have a "role" in life, our center gives them the opportunity to get that back. It's USEFUL vs. USELESS. It also accomplishes one of our organization's main goals of connecting our generations. We need help completing the last stage of this project." Three Wishes Board Member
We need your support to stay strong, go big and keep fulfilling these wishes, Love ❤️ Ruby