Register

The Queen's Feast

$24,199 of $500 goal
100% Complete

Event Details
The Queen's Feast

  

Many of  you,  if  not  all  of  you,  know  that  Jeaninne's diagnosis  has  changed. While she was initially diagnosed as having Parkinson’s Disease (PD), in September 2017 her diagnosis was changed to Multiple System Atrophy (MSA) which is a rare and atypical form of PD.  MSA is often misdiagnosed as Parkinson’s when symptoms first appear but over time other symptoms appeared that are more consistent with MSA. While any research progress made with Parkinson’s will also help MSA patients, there is much less research targeted at the unique issues with MSA.  

Therefore, as a family, we made the decision to forgo the Parkinson’s Foundation Moving Day Walk this year. Instead we will have a fundraising event at our home on October 27th to benefit the MSA Coalition, the main source of information and research for this rare disease. Jeaninne has participated in research studies herself that she knows will not benefit her directly, but hopes will help others in the future. She also has made the decision to donate her brain to research after death. Most of you know how difficult the last few years have been and this disease has progressed much too quickly. In addition to the Parkinson's symptoms she experiences, Jeaninne is now mostly confined to a wheelchair, breaths via a trach, and gets most of her nutrition via a feeding tube. She also has much pain due to extreme dystonia. 

Jeaninne has spent most of her adult life helping others.  Over the past 30 years, she has spent countless hours as a volunteer school nurse, volunteered for hospice services, the Ronald McDonald House at Duke, the Museum of Life and Science in Durham, and has served on the board of the Durham Chapter of the American Red Cross as well as volunteering at blood drives. We are again asking for your support.

There are several ways you can help:

· Join us for a pig roast to raise money and support The MSA Coalition in honor of our queen, Jeaninne. If you can make it to the October 27th event please click on REGISTER. It will have you choose a ticket, but there is no cost for it. We would appreciate you separately registering each person attending for our planning purposes. You do not need to bring your ticket with you to the event. All we ask is that you consider making a donation to the cause.

· You may donate an amount of your choice by clicking the DONATE button. Donations will be going directly to the Multiple System Atrophy Coalition. 75% or more of donations received goes to the MSA Research Fund. The remaining 25% is used to fund advocacy, educational, support, and operational expenses. 

· Feel free to also to Join Team to show support to Jeaninne.

Thank you for your support. 

Love, 

The Wagner Family

See More See Less
When
Saturday October 27th
Where
209 Tennwood Court, Durham, NC, USA
209 Tennwood Ct, Durham, NC 27712, USA

Story

 

  

Many of  you,  if  not  all  of  you,  know  that  Jeaninne's diagnosis  has  changed. While she was initially diagnosed as having Parkinson’s Disease (PD), in September 2017 her diagnosis was changed to Multiple System Atrophy (MSA) which is a rare and atypical form of PD.  MSA is often misdiagnosed as Parkinson’s when symptoms first appear but over time other symptoms appeared that are more consistent with MSA. While any research progress made with Parkinson’s will also help MSA patients, there is much less research targeted at the unique issues with MSA.  

Therefore, as a family, we made the decision to forgo the Parkinson’s Foundation Moving Day Walk this year. Instead we will have a fundraising event at our home on October 27th to benefit the MSA Coalition, the main source of information and research for this rare disease. Jeaninne has participated in research studies herself that she knows will not benefit her directly, but hopes will help others in the future. She also has made the decision to donate her brain to research after death. Most of you know how difficult the last few years have been and this disease has progressed much too quickly. In addition to the Parkinson's symptoms she experiences, Jeaninne is now mostly confined to a wheelchair, breaths via a trach, and gets most of her nutrition via a feeding tube. She also has much pain due to extreme dystonia. 

Jeaninne has spent most of her adult life helping others.  Over the past 30 years, she has spent countless hours as a volunteer school nurse, volunteered for hospice services, the Ronald McDonald House at Duke, the Museum of Life and Science in Durham, and has served on the board of the Durham Chapter of the American Red Cross as well as volunteering at blood drives. We are again asking for your support.

There are several ways you can help:

· Join us for a pig roast to raise money and support The MSA Coalition in honor of our queen, Jeaninne. If you can make it to the October 27th event please click on REGISTER. It will have you choose a ticket, but there is no cost for it. We would appreciate you separately registering each person attending for our planning purposes. You do not need to bring your ticket with you to the event. All we ask is that you consider making a donation to the cause.

· You may donate an amount of your choice by clicking the DONATE button. Donations will be going directly to the Multiple System Atrophy Coalition. 75% or more of donations received goes to the MSA Research Fund. The remaining 25% is used to fund advocacy, educational, support, and operational expenses. 

· Feel free to also to Join Team to show support to Jeaninne.

Thank you for your support. 

Love, 

The Wagner Family

Posted by Christin Mazev