The Joseph David Foundation empowers equal opportunity in entertainment through it's positioning. We’re here to reform, inspire, produce, build, and mobilize. This foundation is only the start of our investment into uplifting the Black community and its culture. Our mission is to fight against discrimination & systematic oppression in the entertainment industry.
We are a non-profit that’s here to build, support, grow, and fund Black brand-leaders, companies, and organizations. Additionally, we are here to fund the leadership within the industries we’ve heavily influenced. As an active member of the entertainment industry and community, I’ve not only witnessed; but experienced, the immediate effects of both direct and indirect repercussions of being Black in America.
The Joseph David Foundation is committed to:
- Restructuring businesses and investing in the hiring process
- Appointing board members & executives
- Proposing business funding opportunities
- Commit to hiring Black leaders in entertainment
- Building equity
- Initiating new & improved support systems (prejudice motives will be disqualified)
- Promote diversity
These grants will be made towards:
- Black-owned businesses that have been affected by economic hardships
- Entertainment groups, venues, corporations, etc
- Black-leadership programs
- Social injustice
- and more.
The initial program to receive this grant are the NAACP Hollywood Internships & Student Programs and their Empowerment Programs:
These funds will be granted to help business real estate renovations, reconstruction & restorations, development of business & leadership programs, organizations, and more.
I stand here, as a Black man, who values the importance of social equality and dedicated to making an impactful change in our community. Change for Hope. Change for Justice. Change for ALL.