HBFW vision statement
In recognition of an ongoing need to promote practices and the dissemination of information that will improve the behavioral and mental well-being, spiritual serenity, and nutritional fitness of people, our vision is to support and facilitate workshops, seminars, health-fairs, teaching partnerships, meeting space, and research in furtherance of these ends. We believe the best way to remember and honor our heritage is not only to preserve the historical record but also to assure that the work remain active and continue.
Our mission is to promote and advance the following key principles:
1. To plan, facilitate, financially and otherwise support, and collaborate in the carrying out of educational programs relating to the wellness, nutritional health, mental health, and spiritual well-being of members of the local community and the community at-large.
2. To support (through grants or otherwise) research related to the provision of services that carry out the vision of the new entity.
3. To preserve the records and historical documents of the Worthington SDA Community, Harding Hospital’s first 100 years, and The Worthington Foods Company.
4. To honor, perpetuate the values, and maintain the memory of the Harding and Buller families and their many contrbution to the Worthington Community.
5. To raise funds to support such endeavors.