New Again inc. was founded, in 2012, out of the desire to create an employment training opportunity for adults with developmental disorders.
It is unique, interesting, fulfilling, and encourages a wide variety of life experiences and interactions with the community.
New Again has consisted of a donation center, an artist studio, and a retail store for the last 8 years, where we create recycled and upcycled arts and crafts to sell using a zero waste focus.
When the pandemic began we were forced to close, to keep our team and the public safe.
This created a time of reflection about the future of New Again, and how we could grow our mission to serve a much larger group of people, and broaden our community involvement.
The plans to become a zero waste bulk store where hatched, and we began looking for an appropriate new location.
We needed more space with an entirely accessible floor plan, and surfaces, so that everyone can be a part of the team!
We have found a new home and are happy to announce…New Again inc. is becoming New Again Refill-Able!
New Again Refill-Able will provide a wide variety of hands on experiences that teach and reinforce relevant work skills.
The new business model will provide many more opportunities to perform activities to reinforce social, physical, and occupational goals for each team member.
In the retail store people can develop skills in:marketing, money management, social interaction, customer service, display and design, property management, organization, communication, and time management.
In the order processing area people can develop skills in:weights , measures and volume, cleanliness and sanitization, product recognition, reading comprehension, accuracy, computer skills and customer relations.
With new integrated classes (when it’s safe to gather), like nutrition and cooking (using our own ingredients), we will build community connections and encourage healthy lifestyles.
New Again Refill-Able will be teaching our team members how to do their part to preserve the environment, by eliminating food, household goods, and personal care packaging waste, and by using technology to go paperless in all of our transactions.
We look forward to sharing this new journey with you , your family members and friends!
If you and your friends and family are interested in sponsoring part of this new exciting opportunity, know that every penny counts!
Our wish list;
Actually starts with a moving truck!
1. 2 peanut/nut butter machines (for Benny Butter)
2. Windows that open! (we love fresh air)
3. Tablets for each of the 6 refill stations (organization is key)
4. A commercial dishwasher (spotless containers)
5. A stacking washer/dryer (spic & span uniforms)
6. Personalized team member Aprons/shirts (looking like pros)
7. Ingredient bins (healthy food)
8. Bin shelving (easy to stack)
9. Wheelchair safe floors (finally!)
10. A floor steam cleaner (go team)
11. A ramp for the back door (safety first)
12. LED light bulbs to save energy (eco smart)
13. Reusable containers for products (the only way)
14. An accessible utility sink and counter (cleaning up)