As some of you know, Kevin and I have been working with an organization called PENCIL for more than 6 years. We spend time with amazing students, teachers, and leaders in 4 NYC high schools; lead efforts for our firm to partner with PENCIL throughout the year; and I am proud to sit on the PENCIL Executive Leadership Council. The public education system is not perfect, but we believe that organizations like PENCIL start to close the gap.
We continue to be inspired by the mission of PENCIL and have decided to "donate our Christmas". What does this mean, exactly?
We are contributing the money that we would have spent on gifts for each other to PENCIL. Also, in lieu of receiving gifts from our family, we are asking them to make a donation to our campaign. That means if you were planning to purchase a gift for us, please donate to Pencil instead. Even Penny & Dean are contributing part of their savings and gifts!
Here's how your gift can make a difference:
• $50 can support an interview practice session between a student and professional
• $100 can support a resume review and feedback session for two students
• $250 can support a job training session for two students
• $500 can support a full day of career readiness training for one student
• $2,500 can provide the most impact, ensuring a student will receive 20 hours of professional development to fully prepare them for a paid summer internship
The PENCIL Mission
Since 1995, PENCIL has been the leader in creating innovative and impactful models of collaboration between the business and education communities. PENCIL works at the intersection of school needs and business expertise to bring together the best ideas, talent, and resources across sectors to improve public school and student performance and enhance workforce pathways.
Thank you for your support!
Nicole & Kevin