Worried about your kids and grandkids and their future?
You should be! How can any kid learn to make good decisions in today’s world?
The web is filled with fiction presented as truth. Marketers push kids to buy without thinking. And it’s going to get worse.
Already, 65% of six year-olds have a smart phone….
Don’t kids need to become healthy skeptics to protect themselves?
The FoolProof Foundation teaches healthy skepticism in the classroom.
We teach kids to question anyone who wants to touch their money or their well-being.
How does it work?
We offer teachers and community groups a free, online and interactive curriculum that teaches kids healthy and life-long consumer habits. And kids do all the teaching!
Our independence means we advocate for the kid—not for any product or company, ever.
Already, 400,000+ students have worked through FoolProof's curriculum. Nationally, students made over 40 million pageviews of our resources in 2018.
But here’s the problem:
The businesses that make money when kids make money mistakes have shaped the teaching of financial literacy. Those businesses have a right to reach out to kids. And some of the lessons they teach are great.
But don’t kids need “both sides of the story,” as newsman Walter Cronkite said?
That’s where FoolProof comes in: Business interests spend hundreds of millions of dollars yearly teaching their version of financial literacy. We spend less than $600,000 per year worldwide—and give all our resources free to all communities around the globe, too.
When FoolProof goes head-to-head with the other providers, we win—if only teachers and mentors know about us.
That’s why we need your help spreading the word about FoolProof.
That’s why we need your help!
· $10 makes a student a healthy skeptic (by working through the curriculum).
· $300 can put FoolProof in an entire classroom for a year.
· $500 can underwrite a teacher webinar.
· $1,000 can customize the curriculum to a local school district.
· $3,000 provides classroom education to an entire school system.
· $5,000 pays for 2 in-person teacher trainings by our Director of Education, Mike Sheffer.
· $10,000 can sponsor a Professional Development Conference for teachers in your community.
Walter Cronkite is the reason the FoolProof Foundation exists. He helped shape the FoolProof Foundation with his insight and knowledge.
Walter’s mantra: “To know the truth, you need to know both sides of the story.”
With the support of teachers and mentors, FoolProof can teach the kids in your community the importance of knowing both sides of a story. We can show them how to make a decision that is right for them.
Will you help us make that teaching possible?
Please donate here today, or check these links for more information:
· Learn about the Walter Cronkite Project.
· What Good Morning America thinks of FoolProof.
· A rocket-fast review of FoolProof accomplishments: An overview.
Check out some videos, too!
· What we teach kids about marketing: If ads told the truth....
· Helping parents teach kids to fight impulse buying: Kids' impulse buying habits.
· Protecting a kid from childhood identity theft: 5 Years old and in debt.