Since its founding in 1954, The Bridge has provided behavioral health and housing services to thousands of New Yorkers living with a serious mental illness. To ensure clients have access to the vital mental health services they need, The Bridge’s programs continue to operate during the outbreak of COVID-19. To keep staff, clients, and the community safe, The Bridge is:
- Providing telehealth services whenever possible; this allows some staff to work from home, and allows clients to receive needed services from the safety of their homes
- Giving phones and minutes to clients who do not have them, so they can access telehealth services
- Regularly disinfecting all office and program spaces
- Providing masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer to staff
- Offering activities likes coloring books and crossword puzzles which clients can do independently in their apartments while practicing social distancing
- Providing meals and pantry goods to clients in need
The Bridge is incurring significant costs as it responds to COVID-19 by finding new ways of reaching our vulnerable clients and protecting the health and safety of everyone. Please support their important work!With more than forty programs in Manhattan, the Bronx, and Brooklyn, The Bridge provides a wide range of services, including outpatient treatment and rehabilitation, emergency shelter, transitional and permanent supportive housing, and community-based interventions. Services are tailored to each individual’s needs and are designed to provide clients with the tools and encouragement they need to meet their goals and lead healthy, productive lives.All donations are tax deductible. For more information on the work on The Bridge, please visit their website at www.thebridgeny.org.