Support the TEENYC Team
We are a virtual team raising money for New Yorkers hit hardest by COVID-19.
Our mission is to raise $10,000.
On Memorial Day Weekend, each of us will try to accomplish a personal goal in a chosen activity (walking, running, biking or hiking) in a way that allows for social distancing. Please sponsor our efforts by donating to individual team members. No donation is too little (or too much). We have partnered with Robin Hood, who will direct 100% of your donations to those who need it the most.
Why is our support critical?*
- 1 in 4 Americans that have died of COVID-19 lived in New York City.
- 2 million New Yorkers are going to go hungry, which is literally double the number of starving people in our city before COVID-19.
- 1.8 million New Yorkers were already living below the poverty line. An additional 1.2 million New Yorkers have been out of a job since February, with the overwhelming majority of them in low income jobs that will force them into poverty.
- 750,000 kids cannot access school lunches which was often their most nutritious meal each day. Nearly 4 in 10 parents are skipping meals so that their kids can eat.
- Although schools have moved to virtual teaching, nearly 400,000 kids lack access to computers or the internet to complete their school work.
- While 62% of white-collar jobs can work from home, only 9% of blue-collar jobs can continue to work.
*Data provided by Robin Hood
Thank you for your donation.
The TEENYC Team