As you may know, I've been working as the Administrative Coordinator for the Southern Maine Workers' Center for just over a year. Our members work tirelessly, every day, to advance the quality of life of fellow working-class Mainers. We are an organization that is rooted in human dignity, understanding that a true progressive movement means empowering people to define themselves by their inherent worth. Over the past couple years, we have engaged in a number of campaigns and movements. Among those efforts, we have:
- Fought for Portland’s minimum wage increase
- Fought for Earn Paid Sick Days at the state and local level
- Established a workers’ support hotline
- Provided free legal aid to workers
- Lobbied lawmakers to include dental care under MaineCare
- Built local, national, and international coalitions
On February 15, we are having our Annual Karaoke Fundraiser. The proceeds from the benefit will allow us to continue our work into the new year and I hope you can help out.
Whether you can give $5, $10, $50, or $100, every little bit helps.
By giving, you become part of a movement that supports and advances the health and well-being of the working-class people throughout the State of Maine.