The demands of parenthood are considerable, and often can feel overwhelming in an attempt to juggle raising children, fulfilling work responsibilities, maintaining home life, and caring for one’s own well-being. Now imagine adding to that meeting the needs of a child with disabilities - it is a life of constant caregiving that doesn’t end when your child becomes an adult. Though they may be getting older, their needs remain the same and finding the right resources can be more challenging.
House of Possibilities (HOPe) serves children and adults who are working every day to overcome disabilities, and parents and guardians who are the warriors by their sides. We are a unique facility that provides community-based day support, day habilitation, social and recreational programs, and overnight respite. We provide our members with opportunities to build life skills, connect with the greater community, foster friendships, and create lasting joyous memories.
“I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for HOPe. I speak in schools, helping to educate children that despite my disability, I am just like them.” - HOPe member
Join us in our mission to unveil barriers and support families by nurturing each child’s gifts and talents, discover their purpose and path in life, helping them to reach their full potential, and utilizing those gifts and talents in a positive way as adults.
RUN THE 2020 BOSTON MARATHON® on Team HOPe, an official charity partner of the John Hancock® Non Profit Program
Race date: Patriot’s Day Monday April 20, 2020
You can be part of Team HOPe two ways:
Charity Entry: I need a bib - raise $10,000 for HOPe by April 17, 2020.
Registered Runners: I have my own bib - raise $2,500 for HOPe by April 17, 2020.
Apply here and check the status that applies to you.
Runners on our team will receive:
- Unsurpassable management. This program is managed by CharityTeams.com which provides runners with the support and encouragement to successfully meet their goals of both running and fundraising.
- An online fundraising page.
- A full 20-week training plan for every level of running by RRCA certified coaches with organized group runs throughout the season.
- Saturday morning group runs on the Boston Marathon course from the Under Armour Brand House in Boston. Runs have aid station support.
- Discounts at Under Armour.
- Weekly hill training in Newton on the course.
- Invitation into the themed Superhero 17 Training run and the Hop21 Training run.
- Access into the CharityTeams Boston TEAm Party.
- Private bus to the start.
- Kickoff meeting - pre-race gathering.
- Team branded Marathon gear.
- Boundless team spirit, team organization and runner support.
- A positive life changing experience and memorable journey of running the 2020 Boston Marathon
All runners are responsible for the $370 race entry registration fee.