I am honored to be rejoining Team #EndALZ ot run the 2020 Boston Marathon in honor of my mom, and on behalf of those family and friends affected by Alzheimer's Disease and other forms of dementia.
Just over a year ago, my mother, Barbara, was diagnosed with early stage Alzheimer's. The news was difficult to absorb, but generally, life has proceeded well under a new normal. I have done a lot of reading and online research, including via links and support provided by the Alzheimer's Association of MA/NH.
No one knows what tomorrow may hold; but, I am one of many who believe that the cure for ALZ and its related brain diseases will be found VERY soon. That's why I'm running, and that's where my fundraising will go.
To help patients and care supporters, and especially in honor of the woman I am lucky enough to call "Mom."
Please consider donating here, online, or, you can avoid online processing fees by sending check (made payable to "Alzheimer's Association") to me at 10 Carlson Circle, Natick, MA 01760.
**Update - Local Donors - Star Wars 9 Premier**
Thank you for visiting my fundraising page. If you would like to donate and be entered into my contest for tickets to OPENING WEEKEND of Star Wars Episode 9, Thursday December 19th and Friday December 20th, then please note the following.
Donations eligible for contest entries:
- $5 donation = one chance
- $10 donation = 3 chances
- $25 donation = 10 chances
- $50 donation = 25 chances
- $100 donation = 50 chances
1) Contest will run through December 14th, with a random drawing of AT LEAST two winners - one for a pair of tickets, the other for 4 tickets to see Star Wars Episode 9: The Rise of Skywalker at either Jordan's Natick IMAX (4) or AMC Framingham 16 theaters (2) (shows start at 6 p.m. Thursday and 6:15 Friday, repsectively).
2) To be eligible, simply dontate here (or send check, made payable to "Alzheimer's Association of MA/NH" to my home address, 10 Carlson Circle, Natick, MA 01760).
3) Please add "SW9" to your note or to an email you send confirming your wish to be entered into contest.
4) Donors will receive contest entry numbers via email and random drawing of winners will be held the weekend before the premier. Good Luck!
The Alzheimer's Association MA/NH Chapter is a proud Partner of the John Hancock Non-Profit Program and we are thrilled to announce that Team End ALZ will run the 124th Boston Marathon® on April 20, 2020. The Boston Marathon is the world's oldest annual marathon and ranks as one of the world's most prestigious road racing events.
Alzheimer's disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States, and affects millions of people daily. More than 5.8 million Americans are living with Alzheimer's, including 155,000 in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Currently, there is no cure. The first survivor of Alzheimer's is out there, but we won't get there without you!
In 2019, Team End ALZ raised over $1 million from the marathon, run, triathlon and cycling events, all to support programs and services for those impacted with the disease and advancing research for a cure. The 2020 Boston Marathon team is determined to continue this tradition of success as we celebrate another year of running! No stopping until there is a cure! #endALZ
24 / 7 Helpline: 800-272-3900
- 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Experienced counselors
- Up-to-the-minute information
- Links to programs & services
- Ongoing guidance
- Family Care Consultation scheduling
Have questions, or interested in more information about Team End ALZ?
Marissa Bresnahan, Team End ALZ Manager