Flower City Arts Center's Studio 678 program is now entering its 21st consecutive year as a 25-session after-school photography experience for 30 students in 6th, 7th and 8th grades at Wilson Foundation Academy. This program is free to the students because of supporters like YOU! The six goals of photo club are to:
• Empower youth to express their vision and voice through photography and writing.
• Enable youth to build life skills such as self-confidence, perseverance, and problem-solving.
• Encourage youth to connect with the community via field trips to historical, cultural, college, urban/rural and other settings.
• Enhance knowledge of core school subjects such as ratios when mixing chemistry or use of fractions when cutting mats.
• Energize youth to work together in teams.
• Establish mentoring relationships with youth, over a 1 to 3 year period.
For more information: www.rochesterarts.org/studio-678