As many of you may know, I have decided to make a bold move and run my first marathon this year. (😬) I am nervous as heck because I am NOT at all a runner, but the charity I am running for really hits close to home. I am proudly joining Team Run Domestic Violence Out of Town to run my first Chicago Marathon with. Every mile I run will be dedicated to the strongest survivor I know, my mother. The money I raise will help fund services available to domestic violence survivors and their children. Please consider supporting me with a donation of any amount. Thank you!! ❤️
Domestic Violence is a serious crime that occurs among all ages , races, religions, and income levels. It happens everywhere.
Did you know that women are more often victims of domestic violence than of burglary, mugging, or physical assaults combined?
* 85% of domestic violence victims are women.
* Every 9 seconds a woman in the United States is beaten by her husband, boyfriend, or live-in partner.
* 1 in 4 women will experience domestic violence in their lifetime.
* 1 out of 7 men are impacted by domestic violence.
* 1 in 3 women who is a victim of homicide is murdered by her current or former partner.