As you all know, I've been doing triathlons for quite some time. I've ticked everything off my checklist except one race, Escape from Alcatraz. In an effort to give back to my community, and being inspired as a new father, I'm raising money for R.O.C.K for City Kids in San Francisco. Hopefully you'll join me in creating great experiences for local children as I brave the most ridiculous triathlon on the planet.
Thanks for your donations, large or small.
REAL OPTIONS FOR CITY KIDS wrote:
Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.) is the only Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon Charity partner to serve San Francisco’s children and youth.
For the ninth straight year, R.O.C.K is proud to put together a charity race team to participate in the 2019 race. Be sure to check out the individual pages of each of our team members, and if you feel inspired, donations are encouraged.
R.O.C.K. is about providing positive opportunities for children in San Francisco's Visitacion Valley, a community faced with considerable social and economic challenges.
Check out what we can do with your help:
- $25 provides 10 kids with trophies for successful participation on our sports teams.
- $100 provides 5 middle school participants with an amazing outdoor adventure.
- $250 provides 5 children with five weeks of in school and after school learning.
- $500 provides sports development for 6 children for 6 weeks of Saturday sports clinics.
- $1,000 sends 10 kids to a four-day overnight enrichment camp.
Visit www.rocksf.org to learn more.