Thanks for checking out my fundraising page.
By supporting R.O.C.K. you are also enabling me to participate in the Escape from Alcatraz triathlon. One of the hardest triathlons in the US.
Swim from Alcatraz ( 1.5 miles in 53 degree water)
Bike 18 miles up and down through the city of SF
Run 8 miles on trails, sand, hills and the dreaded Sand ladder at Baker beach - 400 steep steps made of wood and sand.
REAL OPTIONS FOR CITY KIDS wrote:
Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.) is the only Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon Charity partner to serve San Francisco’s children and youth.
For the ninth straight year, R.O.C.K is proud to put together a charity race team to participate in the 2019 race. Be sure to check out the individual pages of each of our team members, and if you feel inspired, donations are encouraged.
R.O.C.K. is about providing positive opportunities for children in San Francisco's Visitacion Valley, a community faced with considerable social and economic challenges.
Check out what we can do with your help:
- $25 provides 10 kids with trophies for successful participation on our sports teams.
- $100 provides 5 middle school participants with an amazing outdoor adventure.
- $250 provides 5 children with five weeks of in school and after school learning.
- $500 provides sports development for 6 children for 6 weeks of Saturday sports clinics.
- $1,000 sends 10 kids to a four-day overnight enrichment camp.
Visit www.rocksf.org to learn more.