Please contribute to the ROCK Children's Charity in San Francisco:
Since 2008, I have been running 1/2 Marathons in SF and Berkeley. Each time we ran through not so nice neighborhoods: That kept me thinking if something could be done about these neighborhoods. My twin brother asked me to join in participating in the SF Escape from Alcatraz Olympic Triathlon. So I joined the ROCK (Real Options for City Kids) San Francisco Charity Team. The ROCK SF team supports Children in the Age 7-17, in the SF Visitacion Neighborhood, with a combination of in-school, after-school and summer learning enrichment, sports and fitness, leadership training, outdoor adventure, and summer camp opportunities. This greatly helps these kids; whose parents, even with double incomes, can barely make ends meet in San Francisco, with its high living expenses.
Real Options for City Kids (R.O.C.K.) is the only Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon Charity partner to serve San Francisco’s children and youth.
For the ninth straight year, R.O.C.K is proud to put together a charity race team to participate in the 2019 race. R.O.C.K. is about providing positive opportunities for children in San Francisco's Visitacion Valley, a community faced with considerable social and economic challenges. Check out what we can do with your help:
- $25 provides 10 kids with trophies for successful participation on our sports teams.
- $100 provides 5 middle school participants with an amazing outdoor adventure.
- $250 provides 5 children with five weeks of in school and after school learning.
- $500 provides sports development for 6 children for 6 weeks of Saturday sports clinics.
- $1,000 sends 10 kids to a four-day overnight enrichment camp.
Visit www.rocksf.org to learn more.