Great Lakes Adaptive Sports Association's motto is: "Let NO ONE Sit on the SIDELINES." Team GLASA is a group of dedicated and generous runners who train and run 26.2 miles while also raising money in support of our participants. Please consider donating to their cause.
Hi!! Thank you for visiting the fundraising page. I will be running my first marathon this year in support of Team GLASA! If you know me, running a marathon is pretty much the craziest idea I've had in awhile, but I am extremely excited for the challenge and even more excited to spend the year raising money for GLASA! GLASA is an amazing organization I was blessed to be a part of 6 years ago when I lived in Round Lake Beach. I volunteered for golf and swimming. I met amazing people and developed friendships that will last a lifetime. GLASA is an organization that changes lives; lives of volunteers and lives of youth, adults and injured military veterans with physical or visual disabilities. I could not feel more blessed to fundraise in 2018 for this organization!! Here are some incredible facts about GLASA and the impact they have:
· GLASA is committed to never turning away an individual due to an inability to pay program registration fees. Over 63% of GLASA athletes receive free or reduced fee programs.
· 3,000 youth and adults are impacted through education and outreach programs
· 86 cents of every dollar you donate to GLASA goes directly to its programs and the people the agency serves (100% of the donations I receive this year will go directly towards GLASA)
· 250 days of programming are offered each year, providing 2,411 program hours
· 60 different locations around Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin are used for GLASA programs
· GLASA offers over 25 different sports, including: archery, boccia, cycling, goalball, golf, judo, kayaking, power soccer, softball, scuba diving, sled hockey, swimming, tennis, track and field, water skiing, powerlifting, wheelchair basketball, wheelchair football, yoga and others.
Join me in making a difference this year by helping me reach my goals for GLASA and myself through fundraising and running!!