This upcoming April, I’ll be running THE 2020 BOSTON MARATHON, and I need your help.
There’s a lot more information below, but the short version is that to take part in the epic experience, I have joined Team Brookline and have committed to raising at least $6,000 to support my local community here , namely the Brookline Education Foundation. I literally cannot do this without you, and every little bit of help will be immensely appreciated.
WHY AM I DOING THIS?
Great question. Honestly, because it absolutely terrifies me. The Boston Marathon has always been the ultimate challenge, and I’m at a point in my life when I realize that it’s now or never. So, I decided to go with now.
WHY DID I CHOOSE THE BROOKLINE EDUCATION FOUNDATION?
Returning to Brookline, which was my home during graduate school, has been very rewarding, and I’m really look forward to working (and running!) alongside some of my new neighbors to support the local community.
The Brookline Education Foundation promotes public education, pre-K through grade 12. It does this by enabling teachers to pursue innovative new teaching resources and methods, continued professional education, and leadership training. While the town of Brookline may be home to a few very affluent individuals, the Brookline public school system has limited resources to support professional development, which is where the foundation comes in.
WHAT ARE SOME RECENT EXAMPLES OF SUPPORTED PROJECTS?
• Gender & Sexual Alliance (fifth grade) provides early support for LGBTQ students
• Pedagogy of climate change offers continued education for teachers
• Disruptive Equity Education sends teachers to seminars on inclusion, equity, and racial injustice
• Global Autism Project connects Brookline-based autism specialists with educators in China working with children who have special needs
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
• You’ll be supporting educators as they mold the minds of the next generation
• I’ll be forever in your debt, and I'll never ask you for anything else again
• Your name will be added to my race-day shirt so that you cross the finish-line with me
• Anyone donating $75 or more will receive a cool, yet to be revealed, “Brookline swag” item
FINE. YOU’VE CONVINCED ME. WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP?
Great! You can contribute to my fundraiser here. Really, no donation is too small! (Well, $10 seems to be the minimum the system would process, but you know what I mean.)
I would also REALLY appreciate it if you could share with friends, family, co-workers, neighbors… anyone who might be inclined to help out.