LET’S TACKLE ALZHEIMER'S FOREVER!!
Here is the WHAT, the WHERE, the WHY, the WHEN and the HOW - - WWWWH!!!
WHAT? = What is BVB Dallas?
· A charity organization (http://bvbdallas.org/about-bvb-dallas/) which is dedicated to raising money and awareness towards the fight against Alzheimer’s disease.
· BvB Dallas is an organization that is dedicated to fellowship, philanthropy and enjoyment as a way of raising money for Alzheimer’s Disease research and awareness. Founded by sisters whose father was afflicted by Alzheimer’s, BvB is a personal way for young professionals across the country to raise awareness, funds and support to TACKLE ALZHEIMER’STM FOREVER. BvB Dallas has been the most successful game on and off the field, raising more than $4.2 million and recruiting over 1,000 volunteers for the cause.
· With your help, BvB Dallas has been able to raise over $4.2 Million Dollars for Alzheimer’s research and care in North Texas over the past 12 years. But it’s not enough.
· A staggering 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s Disease today, which will cost the nation over $236 BILLION in one year alone.
WHERE? = Where will your donation go?
· Does everyone love to know where your donation will going?
· It will be going DIRECTLY to those living with, effected by and/or helping to do something about!
· Our 2019 Beneficiaries: (· https://www.bvbdallas.org/beneficiaries/)
1. UNT Health Science Center: Funding a study investigating hyperbaric oxygen therapy as a potential treatment for Alzheimer’s disease.
2. Center for Brain Health: The Discovery Group program, a strength-based program aiming to optimize the abilities of individuals with early stage Alzheimer’s disease.
3. The Senior Source: The Senior Source. Our funding will support programs within the agency that directly serve older adults with dementia including the Senior Companion Program.
4. UT Southwestern: UT Southwestern, funding the Clinical Neuropsychology Alzheimer’s Fellowship, an intensive two-year program which provides an opportunity to rapidly develop expertise in the differential diagnosis and treatment of dementia.
WHY?: = WhyI am so passionate about it...
· My Grandmother suffered with Alzheimer’s. I couldn’t imagine how she felt during any of that time. For me, it was stressful and hurtful seeing my Grandmother struggle/suffer (losing herself) but it was just as painful seeing how it impacted my Grandfather, Mother and Aunts. Not knowing how to help any of them really left me feeling lost. We all had these mixed emotions running through your minds, during every second of every day trying to soak in every good moment we had knowing there probably weren’t many left to come.
· Alzheimer’s does not discriminate - it can impact anyone at any time!
· It is one of the only diseases that does not have any type of cure!
· I joined BvB Dallas because I wanted to help give back!
· We can’t do this alone – could really use your help!
WHEN?: = EVENT DATE: AUG 10, 2019
GAME DAY: The 12th Annual BvB Dallas Powder-Puff Football Game will be held at the Cotton Bowl at Fair Park on Saturday, August 10th. Kick-Off will be held and an after-party will be held on the front steps of the stadium immediately following the game. We hope to see you there!
HOW? = How can YOU help/donate?
DONATE HERE => Please consider donating!
Your $25 donation or more to BvB Dallas gains your entrance to the game and after-party. ( $25 donation = 1 ticket | $35 donation = 1 ticket | $50 donation = 2 tickets..etc) There are no physical tickets. All donors' names will be held at will-call on Game Day at the stadium.