TAKE THE LEAD ADVANCING WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP
We hope you are well and safe during this difficult time. You are a valued member of the TAKE THE LEAD community, so we want you to know what we are doing.
In times of crisis, leadership is needed more than ever. TAKE THE LEAD is here to help women keep their careers on track and (as we say in our Leadership Power Tool 5) “carpe the chaos” to come out ahead as leaders and in their ability to provide for themselves and their families.
This disruption demonstrates why the world so desperately needs women’s leadership. You might have noted that most of the countries that have done the best to blunt the impact of the pandemic have female heads of state. And that the majority of frontline essential workers, often the lowest paid workers, are women.
With your help, we can retool our powerfully effective training and coaching into a virtual service that women can access safely wherever they reside.
· Free Virtual Happy Hours - On topics useful to women during the pandemic.
· Online 9 Leadership Power Tools to Accelerate Your Career course – We aim to reach 10,000 women in the next year with our “life changing” core curriculum.
· Virtual workshops - In partnership with other groups such as Luminary.
· TAKE THE LEAD Academy will feature live webchats with expert speakers.
· 50 Women Can Change the World programs will pivot to virtual as needed, building cohorts of female leaders in professions and industries. An independent evaluation of this program found that 77% of participants reported higher levels of intention for their careers. 40% had already taken on additional leadership responsibilities just 6 months since they completed the program.
Women make up 75% of the healthcare workers globally, putting their lives on the line.
Yet they are only 25% of the executive leaders.
Women are often the first laid off and last hired in a downturn.
TAKE THE LEAD helps women maintain their careers and their hope.
We know your circumstances will determine whether and at what level you can respond. Every donation will take us one step closer to the gender parity mission we know you passionately share.
You can help advance women’s leadership on #GivingTuesdayNow. Consider making a gift to TAKE THE LEAD on or before May 5 and help us reach our goal today of $25,000,
In gratitude to you,
Cofounder and President
TAKE THE LEAD
I’m constantly inspired by the women we reach, thanks to you. Women in 50 Women Can Change the World in Journalism tell us:
• “Is there a category beyond ‘highly recommend’?”
• “It landed me right where I want to be:
championing women of color in and across
• “I’ve done a lot of programs and they can be
inspiring but then quickly leave you once you
return to normal life. The tools, the women, and
the authentic support network generated from
this program… continue to feed me.”
• “I’ve made more progress on my goals than I had
in my previous five years.”
P.S. Here’s some useful information on NEW CHARITABLE GIVING INCENTIVES
The CARES Act allows individuals who do not itemize their tax return and claim the standard deduction to take a $300 above-the-line deduction for cash contributions to charities. Individuals who itemize their deductions will be eligible for a deduction up to 100% of AGI for 2020 for qualifying cash contributions. For corporations, the 10% limit on deductions for charitable contributions has been increased to 25% of taxable income.
Double your impact if your employer has a gift matching program. Check with your HR department. This is a great way to leverage your contribution.
GoFundMe has launched a #GivingTuesdayNow Match Program to help nonprofits protect their missions as we face financial hardships. GoFundMe will match the first $1,000 that we raise on May 5, 2020.
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT!