The Art Van Charity Challenge comes at the perfect time for Sweet Dreamzzz, because we’re starting to plan for the 2018-19 school year. We are calling on all of our supporters -- our “Dreamzzz Team” -- to rally together so we can help low-income preschool and elementary school students gear up for a good night’s sleep!
Why sleep? Because it’s as important to growing minds and bodies as proper nutrition and exercise. Sleep helps children grow, fight illness, maintain healthy weight, focus, think creatively, form memories, and regulate emotions. It’s the foundation for good health and school success!
Unfortunately, informational and economic barriers prevent many children from getting sleep that’s appropriate in quantity and quality. Sweet Dreamzzz is here to break those barriers and empower disadvantaged students with sleep awareness, practical nighttime materials, and the support of their parents and teachers. Our goal is to help children reach their fullest potential through healthy sleep.
With unique programs like our Early Childhood Sleep Education Program (for preschoolers, parents and teachers), our R.E.M. Sleep Program (for K-5 students), and our Parent Sleep Education Workshop (for any interested parent group), Sweet Dreamzzz is helping low-income families foster bedtime routines so children can get the sleep they need to be healthy, happy, and ready to learn.
Can you help us get ready for the new school year, and build a healthy foundation for a child’s future? Even a small donation can make a big difference.
· $10 = A teaching teddy bear. Provide a preschooler in need with nighttime security and a way to remember and model the steps of a healthy bedtime routine.
· $10 = A sleeping bag. Provide a disadvantaged elementary school student with warmth, comfort, and his/her own sleeping space.
· $35 = A Bedtime Essentials Kit. Empower a child in need with the practical materials (blanket, book, teddy bear, toothbrush, and toothpaste) necessary to follow a healthy bedtime routine and sleep well each night.
· $100 = 20 copies of Goodnight Moon. Give every preschooler in a Head Start classroom a copy of this classic book about settling down for the night, so they, too, can relax without screens and have family bonding time before bed.
· $200 = Bedtime Routine Kits for 50 parents. Provide Parent Sleep Education Workshop participants with take-home tools (bedtime routine charts, stickers, reminder magnets, and resource guides) that help make bedtime a positive, team effort.
· $350 = Curriculum training. Invest in the professional development of a Head Start teacher, and the sleep health education of his/her classroom for years to come.
Every dollar you donate helps support our programs AND puts us closer to winning one of the Art Van Charity Challenge grand prizes! Keep an eye on the leader board – all organizations get to keep what they raise, but the organization in 1st place will win an additional $50,000! The 2nd place agency will win a $25,000 bonus, and the organizations in 3rd, 4th, and 5th place will each earn an extra $10,000!
We can do this! On behalf of the children and families we serve, thank you for your generous support!