The Surfrider Foundation is an environmental nonprofit dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the world's ocean, waves, and beaches through a powerful activist network.
The Los Angeles Chapter protects 31 miles of coastline from County Line to Ballona Creek and Inland. By supporting Surfrider runners in the Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon, your gift will directly impact and help protect our local ocean, waves, and beaches for future generations.
Here's how your donations help...
· Approximately $10 removes 1 pound of trash and plastic from our coastline through Surfrider’s National Beach Cleanup program
· $25 pays for a two water tests to make sure a day at the beach is healthy & safe
· $50 provides bags and gloves to remove 1,000 pounds of trash from the beach
· $100 protects one quarter (1/4) mile of US coastline through Surfrider’s beach preservation program
· $500 educates 2,000 school children about recycling and keeping our waters clean
· $1,000 sends a staff member to Washington DC to provide testimony and inform and improve legislation on coastal issues
· $5,000 pays for the supplies for a new water testing lab