Make a difference TODAY in your local community of men. Help us directly support 200 Canadian men to make high impact changes to their lives by donating to cover their program, facilitator, and resource costs.
The Verity Foundation is primed to accept donations and turn them into actual, measurable change in our local communities of men. From supporting youth boys through social and unspoken personal challenges to integrated senior men’s programs cultivating purpose and personal power at older ages.
We support men of all ages through the complex challenges that each of them face during different stages of their lives.
What is the goal?
Our goal is to raise $100,000 in 2020 so that we can fully show up and support 200 men to become healthy masculine leaders in all areas of their lives.
What is a “healthy masculine leader?”
A healthy masculine leader faces his fears, shares vulnerably, acts with integrity, empowers others to be their best and has a mission in life that is bigger than himself. A healthy masculine leader shows up fully in all areas of his life: relationships, career, purpose, family, health, community, and most importantly, himself! A healthy masculine leader takes responsibility for his life and does the work to define and create a vision for his future, values to act from, and an action plan to get there.
Healthy masculine leadership and education support ALL of us!
How are we going to achieve this goal?
1. Raising awareness of the current issues men are experiencing and the solutions available for them to elevate their lives and communities. We are doing this by expanding our outreach through our podcast, The Timeless Talks Podcast, social media, events, as well as partnering with organizations to help spread the word.
2. Educate and train men through our leadership program, The EDGE, where they will find community, support, accountability, and the skills to manage and show up fully in all areas of their lives.
3. Empower the men who have gone through our program to mentor others and facilitate programs and events around the world, creating a lasting impact and positive change. We want to continue passing the torch!
Who are we?
The Verity Foundation is an organization that has come together to create a multi-generational community of healthy masculine leaders. We are a team of ordinary people that have felt and experienced the effect and consequences of unhealthy male leadership and want to make a difference.
We are inspired to do this work because we have families, friends, and colleagues that are benefiting from our personal growth and leadership. We have personally experienced similar challenges and struggles of so many men and the results of this leadership work have been life-changing to those that have participated. This is a core reason why we want to give back.
We see how important this mission is and we know that we can't do it alone. To support more men we are asking for your help!
Where will the funds go?
- To provide high-level coaches and facilitators for the participants in our programs.
- Community outreach and education on men’s mental health issues.
- Podcast publication to raise awareness on men’s mental health issues and share dynamic conversations on masculinity with the greater community.
- Fully sponsor 10 low-income men through our 3-month leadership program.
- Facilitate integrated men’s programs for our youth and senior men creating a multi-generational community that bridges all ages and backgrounds.
Why is this important?
Men have been taught that they need to have all the “right” answers. They've been taught that they need to have it all together and figured out. For men to ask for help, to seek support, would be to admit that they don’t have it together, that they’ve somehow failed as a man. This belief has created generations of men that suppress their feelings, fears, and emotions. Isolating themselves without support or the tools to navigate life’s challenges in a healthy way.
Without a solution, without support, we will continue to see men express themselves through destructive behaviors with the consequences being:
Suicide: Not only are suicide rates increasing year after year but “In 2018, men died by suicide 3.56x more often than women” and this number is steadily rising:
Incarceration: As of August 29, 2020, 93.2 percent of the approximately 185,500 federal inmates are men. Over 14x the amount of women in comparison.
Source: (Federal Bureau of Prisons)
Violence/abuse: A Statistics Canada study found that men were responsible for roughly 83% of domestic violence cases against women.
Source: (Statistics Canada)
Addiction: A National Government survey showed that out of 1.84 million admissions to substance abuse treatment (33.1%) were female, and (66.9%) were male.
Source: (US department of Health and Services)
These are just a few statistics among the many other disproportionately male leaning statistics, others include Mental health disease, Physical health disease/injury, Anger and Aggression, Stress and Anxiety, and Isolation.
* These statistics are not intended to hide or overshadow women’s health statistics.
* Women’s health is just as important to understand and prioritize.
* Our intention is to bring heightened awareness to the negative and disproportionately male leaning statistics.
* We are in the process of partnering with a foundation that is focussed entirely on women’s health so that we can more efficiently prioritize the needs of everyone who is suffering.
Why should you donate/support this movement?
We all have men in our lives that are struggling by themselves without a community that supports them and holds them accountable to their vision and potential. Help your brothers, fathers, partners, uncles, cousins, friends, find a path to greater fulfillment and purpose by donating to our movement and creating healthy leaders.
By donating and supporting this movement you will make a direct impact in reducing suicide rates, incarceration, domestic violence, addictions, and so many other negative consequences of suppressing men’s mental health awareness detailed above.
We appreciate you for taking the time to read and understand our mission, we can't thank you enough for considering donating to help this cause.
On behalf of all the men and women working at The Verity Foundation,