The annual AFTA Conference facilitates robust dialogue for therapists committed to advancing the integration of social justice, systems theory, and family therapy practices. It brings together professionals committed to advancing family therapy research, theory, and practice that aligns with principles of justice, liberation, and equality. These professionals include students, early career therapists, and leading practitioners, researchers, and scholars in the family therapy profession.
Each year this innovative and enriching conference is made possible by generous donor support from people like you.
This Year’s Conference:
This year’s 2019 AFTA Conference addresses a critical topic - the phenomenon of ruptures that are happening all around us at the global, national, sociopolitical, and environmental levels. We know these ruptures interact with ruptures in communities, families, and individual relationships. This is an urgent time for family therapists to participate in repair at all systemic levels.
The 2019 AFTA Conference will be an invigorating opportunity for family therapists to critically examine the impact of rupture at multiple systemic levels and collaborate on enhancing pathways towards repair and healing.
AFTA is very excited to bring key note speaker Vikki Reynolds to this year’s conference, and plenary speakers: Kaethe Weingarten, Jill Freedman, Tileah Drahm-Butler, Sarah Stearns, Melanie Domenech, Chris Hoff, Marcela Polanco, and Navid Zamani! There will also be a wonderful pre-conference workshop with Sandra Pacheco!
You can participate in the rich work AFTA does at its annual conference in at least three ways.
2. Please share this link to spread the word about AFTA and our fundraising campaign.
3. Please click the donate link to make a financial contribution to this year’s conference.
Your donation will help support:
• Scholarships for students from marginalized backgrounds (an expense of $250.00 per student scholarship).
• Hotel subsidies for students and members who would not otherwise be able to attend.
• Early career member networking to support research, scholarship, and clinical practice. This includes scholarships in the amount of $445.00 each, and the annual Pearls of Wisdom event.
In past years fundraising was managed by just a few people. This year we have started a Crowdrise campaign so that all AFTA members can participate in supporting the rich work we do.
Whether you are a member of AFTA or a colleague, friend, or family member of an AFTA member, we thank you for your support and collaboration in our community! Please support our efforts by making a donation in any amount and sharing this link with your social network now.