COVID-19 has had far-reaching consequences on vulnerable groups everywhere. Tens of thousands of nonprofits across the U.S. are likely to close this year without technical or financial support.* We want to help solve this problem.
Develop for Good is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that enables engineers and designers to create social impact by developing digital tools for nonprofit organizations. Our mission is to empower the next generation of recent graduates and student leaders to use technology for social good.We are currently working on ~50 projects with 46 teams at nonprofit organizations that are estimated to save our partners over $2 million in development costs.
Through a few of these projects we are:
* Developing a Water and Sanitation for Health Facility Improvement Tool (WASH FIT) for the World Health Organization.
* Creating an informational website on clinical data donation for cancer research for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School.
* Coding an environmental hazard reporting app for the Environmental Defense Fund.
* Creating an Assistive Technology app for children with complex communication needs for the United Nations Children's Fund
.... and the list goes on!
Our first 50 projects are being developed completely pro bono for our nonprofit partners; as a result, our group is in need of funds to cover our operational expenses.
This holiday season, we’re aiming to raise $10,000 by the end of 2020. This will primarily help us cover our expenses for training programs, student, nonprofit, and sponsorship outreach, subscriptions for development tools, and fellowships for first-generation low-income students.
Please help us continue developing digital tools and apps for nonprofit organizations and the vulnerable communities they serve. We are honored and humbled by your support!
* Statistic from 2020 tax filing analysis conducted by research group Candid