Kerr Konnect Transit System connects the Kerrville area community by providing safe and reliable transportation to help maintain independence and enhance quality of life.
Thanks to our Volunteer Drivers and Office Staff, the efforts of our Board of Directors, and the generosity of our donors, Kerr Konnect provides essential rides to medical, social, and other destinations for residents of Kerr County who have no other transportation alternatives. We envision a community where transportation is available to everyone. Imagine not being able to drive to a doctors appointment, go to physical therapy, pick-up groceries, take your pet to the vet or volunteer. That is the reality for many older Kerrville residents, and the reason we started Kerr Konnect - to solve those issues with door-to-door service to enhance the lives of those that can't drive and relieve their family caretakers.
Since we gave our first rides in October, 2018, we have been fortunate to apart of many community support programs. In 2020 we:
- Began a delivery service for our riders and those on our waiting list.
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic began offering financial assistance covering annual membership fees ($20) and ride fees ($2-4) with a new Helping Hand fund established by a generous donation from H-E-B .
- Delivered boxes of food for homebound families and individuals in cooperation with the Mustard Seed Ministries food pantry .
- Gave free rides to the general public for early voting in the November election .
- Continued our collaboration with the Hope 4 Health initiative, providing ride scheduling services for their drivers .
- Provided masks, hand sanitizer, disinfectant, and vehicle sanitizing for our volunteer drivers.
Membership and ride fees only cover 30% of our expenses. Next year we project an efficient budget of $66,000. That covers the cost of a Program Director and Volunteer Coordinator, along with the usual expenses of running a non-profit: rent, utilities, equipment, printing, software, insurance and volunteer support. One of our biggest line items is the additional insurance we use to cover our drivers. Drivers provide their own vehicles, gas and basic insurance.
Since Kerr Konnect began in 2018, we have grown to serve over 150 riders, with another 120 potential riders on a waiting list. Pre-COVID, we averaged 275 rides per month, utilizing over 85 volunteers, both drivers and office aides.
Your contribution will enable local individuals to continue living their best life and afford them the opportunity to give back to our community.