All About Stone House Farm & Inn
Mission & Vision
As we reimagine this centuries old farm and tannery, our goal is to promote Agri-industry in a broad fashion including traditional and modern forms of growing and consuming food, decorative and useful crops, managing livestock, providing hospitality, promoting music, culture, and the arts, and applying knowledge of environmental science to agricultural practice.
We will do so by:
· Promoting integrated, competitive work opportunities for youth and adults with disabilities
· Promoting understanding of local history and appreciation of the significance of the agriculture industry
· Creating a setting for career awareness and exploration for students of Perry County
· Involving teachers and classrooms of students in Agri-industry projects at all grade levels and curricular areas
· Demonstrating the integration of STEM with farming
· Operating a Bed and Breakfast and hospitality venue for guests geographically both near and far
· Hosting agriculture, seasonal, and life cycle events with public community events as well as personal, private events
· Promoting good nutrition and a healthy and active lifestyle
· Contributing to alleviating problems of food insecurity
· Utilizing sustainable and environmentally friendly property/land management strategies
· Inspiring students to become advocates of farm, food, and environmental science and good stewards of natural resources
Stone House Farm & Inn is a colaboration with Greenwood, Newport, Susquenita, and West Perry School Districts to provide students employment skills and trade experiences in the broad field of agri-industry and to serve as an extension of the classroom for students K-12 in both arts and sciences.
We Need Your Support
Because Stonehouse Farm & Inn was established in 1813 and re-imagined this year, there are infrastructure projects that need to be in place before students can attend.
We are looking for community partners to support this program in the following ways:
Build a Pasture for Large Animals
Fence Post Donation:
Our farm animals will need a fenced pasture so they can graze.
$100 = 1 fence post
We will let you know your fence post number and location and you will receive a certificate to commemorate your post.
Create a Hen House
Chicken Coop Donation:
Our chickens will need a home and a place to lay their eggs.
Minimum $25 donation
Shelter For Large Animals
Our farm animals will need a run-in to provide shelter from the hot sun or cold winter.
Minimum $25 donation
Feed, Tools, Bedding, Seeds, Misc.
Every farm needs feed, tools, bedding, and seeds for day-to-day operation.
Every donation matters!
Love what we are doing and want to help? Even a gift of $5 or $10 will help build our farm so that we can open our doors to benefit 6000 Perry County students.
Where Your Donation Goes:
Your donation will go to the non-profit: David and Libby Rosen Center for Healthy Families, which supports the Stone House Farm & Inn project.
To learn more about the non-profit, visit here: http://www.hempfieldpa.com/center-for-healthy-families.html