Stolen Youth exists to end child sex trafficking and we cannot allow these challenging times set us back. Our actions today are critical to securing a future where no child is EVER bought or sold for sex.
The coronavirus has created an environment of vulnerability that sex traffickers are leveraging:
· Families are facing food insecurity and homelessness;
· Children are being forced to shelter at home in abusive environments;
· Children are spending more time online without parental supervision;
· Children no longer have the safety net schools provide; and,
· Traffickers are becoming more desperate, forcing kids into more risky behaviors.
StolenYouth is fighting back! We have established an emergency fund to support a coalition of service providers working tirelessly with trafficking survivors and to meet this exponentially increasing need. This emergency fund will be used to:
· Fund immediate needs such as food, hygiene products, and childcare items such as formula and diapers.
· Allow service providers to select safe and secure temporary housing for homeless youth at risk of or currently being trafficked (there is no “shelter in place” for homeless youth).
· Support technology needs – with stay at home mandates, counselors are unable to support trafficked youth without up-to-date and secure technology.
Please help us meet these vulnerable youths’ most basic needs and keep child sex trafficking from becoming even more prevalent and dangerous.
Our goal is to raise a minimum of $130,000 for this emergency fund. Please consider giving what you can to support this goal. Every dollar raised will be matched by three generous donors up to $65,000.
Please join us in this fight, give what you’re able, and share this message with your friends and family. Thank you.