I am very excited to be running the 2018 Boston Marathon as part of the St. Francis House team. SFH is an incredibly impactful organization that helps poor and homeless men and women every single day.
Please join me in supporting their mission!
Here is more information on St. Francis House and our team:
Our five person team has a goal of raising $75,000 for the thousands of men and women who visit St. Francis House every year. Learn about the people you will help, like Andrew, a Moving Ahead Program graduate, who has worked to rebuild his life using skills he learned at St. Francis House. His story is one of hope and perseverance. We believe poverty is an experience, not an identity. Join us in our efforts to raise $75,000 for services such as:
- Welcoming more than 2,200 new guests per year
- Ensuring that more than 6,900 men and women can meet their basic needs for safety, food, hygiene and refuge
- Serving more than 210,000 meals
- Distributing over 10,000 changes of clothes to over 2,100 people
- Providing counseling sessions on mental health issues, substance abuse, housing, employment, legal matters, and other issues
- Partnering with Boston Health Care for the Homeless to provide medical appointments
- Placing 76% of our vocational rehabilitation program (MAP) graduates into jobs paying an average wage of over $14/hour
- Housing 66 formerly homeless individuals, and preventing them from returning to homelessness