Dear Ss. Joseph & Michael parishioners,
I am writing to ask your support for an Archdiocese-wide initiative that Cardinal Tobin has launched to support our parish community, outreach to those in need, and parishes in response to the effects of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic on everyday life.
We are partnering with the team at GoFundMe, a leading online giving organization, to provide one online platform for the faithful to support outreach to those most in need as well as cover the critical needs of their own and other parish communities during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. This is a coordinated and unified effort. The first place people often go in time of need is the local parish. Under the current conditions brought on by the Coronavirus ( COVID-19) pandemic, parishes are limited in the services they can offer to the faithful.
Cardinal Tobin has temporarily waived the usual archdiocesan assessment in support of this initiative.
Please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to our parish.
The funding flow for this initiative offers both simplicity and transparency for our parish community and others who choose to contribute:
· All money raised through individual parish GoFundMe pages will flow into a central archdiocesan fund, and the Parish Business Services team will aim to release all funds to parishes in the amount raised for the parish within the week
· Pastors, parishioners, and the public can track how much each parish has raised in total on their individual parish GoFundMe pages
· All money raised through the Parishes in Need fund will be distributed to conduct outreach to those in need and to those parish communities unable to meet their critical needs alone
· Contributions are tax-deductible, and contributors will receive tax receipts automatically
You may also continue to give through your typical methods if you prefer:
· For those who would like to continue to give through envelopes or cash during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, please: Mail to our Parish office located at 1314 Central Ave, Union City, NJ 07087 or leave your envelopes or cash in the church drop box which will be located in front of the altar.
· Visit our Parish website, WWW.SSJMNJ.ORG, and contribute through our ONLINE GIVING PORTAL.
· Please also remember the Annual Appeal among your options for contributing
[Our parish will have a daily pre-recorded celebration of Mass, Mon-Sat at 4pm on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/ssjosephmichaelparish or our Parish website www.ssjmnj.org under “Daily Digital Mass”.]
Thank you for generosity to our parish and to those parish communities unable to meet their critical needs alone.
For a message from Cardinal Joseph W. Tobin, C.Ss.R., the Parishes in Need fund, and more on how this initiative will support the critical needs of our parish communities, please visit: https://www.rcan.org/parishsupport
For more information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and the Archdiocese of Newark’s response, please visit: https://www.rcan.org/COVID19
Rev. Aro Nathan
The Archdiocese of Newark
Welcome. The Archdiocese of Newark is coordinating with the team at GoFundMe to provide one online location for the faithful to support the critical needs of their own parish (through this page) or other parish communities (through the Parishes in Need fund). The faithful may also contribute through their usual channels (e.g., envelopes, other online giving, the Annual Appeal).
Please consider a tax-deductible contribution to your parish on the parish’s GoFundMe page, or to the Parishes in Need fund, which will be used to conduct outreach to those in need and support those communities struggling to continue to pay their employees and church utility bills through this crisis. Contributions raised through the parish GoFundMe page will benefit that parish.
Cardinal Tobin has waived the usual archdiocesan assessment for contributions raised through this initiative. GoFundMe does not charge a platform fee (0%). There is a 0% platform fee and only an industry-standard payment processing fee of 1.9% + $0.30 per donation. If a charity receives a donation of $100, they will net $97.80. Donors will also have the option to tip GoFundMe Charity to support their continued business.
Thank you for your generosity to your parish and to those parish communities unable to meet their critical needs alone.